KEY ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT
Reporting to the Director of Community Initiatives/VP of Soil Health, this position is accountable for developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy inclusive of all written content for blogs, social media, newsletters, the NRI website, etc.
Candidates will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically, will need to be a reliable collaborator with the ability to communicate clearly and compellingly. The director will wear many hats, work fast and smart, adapt and iterate quickly.
- Create, manage, and execute integrated marketing efforts to include content marketing, email marketing, ranch-based event promotions;
- Identify, research, and write subject appropriate content for web, email campaigns, newsletter, annual report, and other marketing materials;
- Support design/maintenance of website content and develop further as an integral piece of NRI’s marketing efforts to increase brand awareness and engagement;
- Leverage key technologies in marketing efforts, including customer relationship management tools and email marketing tools;
- Collaborate across teams to ensure strategic internal and external communications by engaging with target audience;
- Develop timelines and manage internal communications calendar including social media, email, and internal/external events;
- Manage external designers, videographers, and copywriters as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of experience in marketing roles, preferably nonprofit;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally;
- Deep knowledge and interest in sustainable agriculture;
- Knowledge and experience with various marketing capabilities-including content creation, email marketing, social media, events, and partner marketing;
- Proficiency of online automation platform is required;
- Strong understanding and experience in engaging communities through social media;
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with a high degree of proactiveness;
- Maintains up to date knowledge of current trends and tactics in marketing;
- Proficiency in WordPress and working knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, a big plus, but not required.
This is a part time position to start with an eye towards full time employment. Bay Area candidates are strongly desired as this position will work from home with frequent trips to Paicines Ranch in Paicines, CA.
To Apply: Please submit 2 writing samples, a cover letter demonstrating your related experience and interest in the role, and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Thank you for your interest.